May 13, 2005

Watch the news tomorrow

Tomorrow is my graduation ceremony. Okay, it's not MINE, but I'm going to be in it. It's a long ceremony--3 hours or so--of nothing but names. Names, names, and more names. My name will be in there somewhere, and I'll get to walk across a stage, and some nice professor will shake my hand, and then they'll put my pretty cape on me. Then I'll sit down, and wait for the other thousand people to go. It's gonna be a blast. What would be really exciting, is if they just randomly called names instead of going in alphabetical order. At least that would spice it up a bit.

Because this is going to be such a treasure of a day, we're thinking that maybe we'll bring the kids along. No, I'm not smoking crack, but maybe I should. When I even mention that I'm thinking about bringing them, my wall turns into a smorgasboard of evil entities, looking like they're trying to escape from a glue factory, moaning, "Nooo...nooo...nooo!" Listen, I KNOW they're most likely going to be really horrible BUT I'm their mother; therefore, I have this weird part of my brain that tells me that they MIGHT be good. That they MIGHT behave like little angels, and people will say things such as, "What precious little girls!" and "Oh my, they behave SO well!" instead of phrases like, "Sweet baby Jesus! Save me!" and "Oh my God. Do they EVER sit still?!" and "No! No! Not the groin area!" You just never know.

So, watch the news. Hell just might freeze over.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congrats Steph! I'm proud of you. Instead of a card with money, you get a comment on your blog! :)
--Nikki

Anonymous said...

CONGRATS!!

Kiley said...

AWESOME for you! Too cool...

Hellz YEAH the girls should go!!! Not tons of children ever get to experience something so cool as mommy hiking across a stage to grab her diploma...

Incidentally: yes it should be random order; it would keep people awake much more. :-)

DBFrank said...

Congratulations, Kudos, and Hurrah! :)

Anonymous said...

Congratulations. Don’t let the kids miss this occasion.

Steve said...

Congratulations! Another mountain climbed. You have my respect.