May 3, 2005

J-E-N-N-A, that is how you spell Evil

One word: HELLION. I need to buy her a shirt that says, "Where are we going? And why am I in this handbasket?" Can she be any more of a handful?! I THINK NOT.

Gymnastics: 3 classes of near-perfect behavior. Last night--hello, lets open the gates of hell on all the innocent parents and children. Not to mention the instructors that are trying so hard not to physically beat my child.

Needless to say, we left with 15 minutes of class left. She misbehaves ON PURPOSE. SHE LOVES THE ATTENTION. Shit, she practically misbehaves, then when people laugh at her, she curtsies.

KARMA HAS, INDEED, KICKED ME IN THE ASS.

I bought the book, "Parenting the Strong-Willed Child, Revised and Updated Edition: The Clinically Proven Five-Week Program for Parents of Two- to Six-Year-Olds." I figured I have nothing to lose. I looked for "Recognizing the Six Signs of Satan in Your Preschooler," but there's no such book by that title.

4 comments:

Shamus O'Drunkahan said...

The only sign I've been looking for is the Linda-Blair-deep-voice thing.

The kids have been imitating Darth Vadar recently, and it sounds pretty darm close.

DBFrank said...

My love has a (just turned) seven year old who obviously is related to Jenna.. sisters, mayhaps, from the same coven?
Cher is a single mother, so that seems to compound the damage, and the cases of 'acting out'. Mike is correct; there are some good books out there that outline steps to alleviate or cut back on the behavior.
You care - that's the first step...

Robin said...

Max went through the same thing. One time, I had to DRAG him out of gym class, screaming because had not wanted to do one of the assignments. I got him in the car, closed the door, and stood outside of it while he pounded on the windows howling and screaming like an animal. I just stood there crying, thinking 'My son is a pre-school-aged werewolf', and wondering where I could buy henbane to cure him. Alas, the phase passed - sort of. Karma has not kicked you in the ass; but Jenna has a little bit. I would start plotting evil ways to get back at her when she's in middle school.

Porkchop said...

I cringe for the day when I will be parenting children.