Apr 29, 2005

Cotton candy and all that good stuff

Is it Friday? It is?! Thank GOD. If I had to make it through another week, I'd throw myself off a bridge into a muddied creek swimming with parasites. Oh yes, it has been THAT kind of week. I'm just really, really glad that today is Friday.

But, since today IS Friday, that means we're going to the Astros game tonight. We're taking the chicks. BOTH of them. At the same time. To a baseball game. What are the chances that they'll sit through the game, acting as if they're well-behaved little angels, and garnering looks of admiration from fellow Astros fans? 0%. What are the chances that we'll be sitting right along the first-base line next to the dugout, where all the camera-crews are, so that area is always on television? 100%. Sweet God in heaven, anyone who watches ESPN is going to see me beating my children on live television. Shit.

Look for me: I'm the one with the stick-up hair that looks like fire, trying to restrain two gorgeous little girls that have terrorized the entire front section of Minute Maid Park. But look quick, I doubt we'll make it past the first inning...

7 comments:

stewbie2 said...

You're too kind.

Kim said...

Oh honey, don't worry, Protective Services always gives you the kids back.

Steve said...

Well, it is still part of Friday. I will cheer for you. And remember tommorow is Saturday

Kiley said...

Heheh...I remember when I was 5 years old and my family lived in Houston briefly: how I loved going to the Astros games! Sure, I was quite a little hellion, but it sure was fun!

(Remind me to share the story with you sometime of how I got kicked out of parochial school in the 2nd grade).

Anonymous said...

You're right - we are living very similar lives...

This was hysterical - I hear ya sistah!

marshatm | sweatpantsmom

DBFrank said...

Beating children? That's just wrong. Oh wait, no that's beating dogs and cats, sorry my mistake.
Spare the rod and spoil the child, THAT'S the one.. ;)

Anonymous said...

I looked for you on the tee-vee last night as I was watching the Cubs/Astros game, but, sadly I only saw a blonde lady with pigtails and a dude with a sweet Chicago 'stache. Did you go in disguise?