Apr 22, 2005

Mary's too busy

So, now Mary is appearing underneath a bridge. Just a couple months ago, she was all about the grilled cheese, now under a bridge? Oh, it's a fact, people. Just ask, Carmen Garcia, who said, "I see her. It's just faith. You have to believe, and you will see her" (ABCnews.com). That being said, I guess I could see a Godly image in anything--grilled cheese sandwiches included.

I'm Catholic. I believe that Mary is the Mother of God and all that other good Catholic yadda-yadda, but I also believe that Mary has better things to do with her time, then make appearances on grilled cheese and underpasses. She's the mother of Christ, for Pete's/God's/heaven's sake, she's probably busy 99% of the time. Do you think Jesus' mom EVER gets a break? NO! Because you know, she's like the coolest mom in the universe. I mean, cripes, her boy can make blind men see (Stevie Wonder's in for a real treat), and water into wine--she's uber-popular up there.

Jesus: "Mom, can you make me your special latkes this Friday?"
Mary: "Jesus, you always wait until the last minute to ask. Does it have to be THIS Friday?"
Jesus: "But, Mom! I've already invited the Apostles over!"
Mary: "Jesus Christ!"
Jesus: "Sweet Mary, Mother of God! Don't use my name in vain!"
Mary:--sigh-- "Well, then you're going to have to help me out, Son. I know you can work wonders with a fish and a loaf of bread, but you better be able to make a latke miracle, 'cuz I'm not spending all day in the kitchen!"

Like I said, she has better things to do than make an appearance on someone's sandwich or on an underpass.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I'd just like to say that the underpass, with the Mother of God on it, it's right down the street from me and LET ME TELL YOU that it is no place for the Virgin Mother to be showing up for a chat with her devoted followers. Mary? If you're listening, pop yourself up a few feet and you'll have a lovely lake view! There's more to Earth these days than cigarette butts and bum piss.

LYLAS!
Sarah