Apr 14, 2005

Barton Springs

Last night we went to a restaurant for dinner. Speaking of which, I can never spell restaurant right. Is it restaurant, restaraunt, or restauraunt? I'm supposed to be smart, and I still can't spell it. Oh well, moving on. So, we go out to eat (how's that?), and on the way, we pass by this NEW restaru...place, that we've been waiting to open. So, we pull a u-ey under the bridge and backtrack to this new, cool place.

And lo, it WAS a cool place. It's called "Barton Springs" (yes, after the ones in Austin, for you TX people), and it has a silver-bullet camper in the front of it that they're going to use as a patio bar. Woo Hoo! They also had 50-gallon drums, painted bright colors, spread around the outside area as drink tables. (Really, this IS a place to take the kids, you'll see.) We get inside, and it's one of those places that is decorated with all the antiques. It is pretty cool. They have a bunch of Texas memoribilia, and my favorite, a duck wearing a sombrero. Does it get any more family-oriented than that? Seriously, if a duck is wearing a sombrero, the place is definitely for families.

We sat in a booth, and I actually let the girls TOUCH things, because it was a BRAND NEW BOOTH. Claire wanted to kiss the honeybear. Okay, no problem. It's brand new! Jenna had her hands under the table. No problem, it's brand new! I didn't check out the bathrooms though. Guess I should've done that.

The food was good, the margaritas were REALLY good, and it was reasonably priced. Besides, everyone was commenting on how beautiful the girls were. Of COURSE we'll go back!

I have no idea why I posted this.

What WAS funny about this whole night, was, as we were leaving, my chicks decided to get up on these boxes in front of the rest-ER-AUnt and bust a move. Jenna on one box, Clairey on another, shaking their booties. Everyone was looking and laughing because really, whats more adorable than two sisters, up on stages, shaking their booties? That SO doesn't sound right.

5 comments:

Robin said...

You are very funny. Betcha NEVER hear that, huh?

Anonymous said...

Can you tell me where "Barton Springs" is located? I might want the hubby to take me there soon.
-Nikki

Porkchop said...

What is more adorable...

Maybe two LEGAL, as in, not-underage sisters shaking their booties...

Just wait until they get a few years older.

I. Pity. You.

Anonymous said...

Restaurant. I had a hard time with that one too. Remember, there'a "RANT" at the end. :o)

Kiley said...

HAHAHA...I usually have problem with that word too, but the "rant" thing will make me NEVER forget how to spell it now (ranting = one of my favorite activities). :-)