Apr 11, 2005

The best things in life

I check on the girls each night before I go to bed. I like to make sure they're comfortable in their little space of the world.

As I was drifting off to sleep, I put my hands to my face to brush my hair out of my eyes--my hands smelled of my children. I could smell Clairey's baby-soft cheeks, and Jenna's smile on my hands. I went to sleep happy, with my babies in my heart.

Jenna snuck into our bed sometime in the wee hours of the day. I woke up at 5am with her tousled hair in my face, and her arm wrapped around my neck. She is such a cuddler. I didn't have the heart to turn her out into her own bed. These days will pass too quickly, and I know I'll cherish these times--when she was small enough to sneak into our bed--for the rest of my life.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Again, I feel we were separated at birth Steph. I do the SAME thing, and I often wake up with a face full of Anna curls. Sometimes I even wake up to Anna curls on one side, and Julia pawing at me saying, "Nurse, nurse pweese, nurse" on the other, because daddy went to get her. Melts my heart. Every. Stinkin. Time.

Being a mom rocks.

Kiley said...

Awwww...I read posts and comments like this and wish I had one! :-)