Feb 11, 2005

The male mind

Last night, after watching the Food Channel's "Cake Bake-Off," Scott and I watched the news. We normally don't watch the late-night news because we watch the news every morning and if we watch the news at night then the news we see in the morning is just a repeat of the night-news so it's really not news. That's really not new news to you because you knew that, didn't you? While you ponder what you've just read, I'll move on.

The sports guy gave us the scoop on the Astros. Oswalt is going to make $17 million over the next two years. Upon hearing this, Scott jumps up off the couch and says, "Good! It's about time those bastards start paying him! That makes me wanna work my triceps!" He then proceeds to grab his weights off the floor and do tricep presses.

Huh? I'm not sure exactly what tipped him into doing arm exercises--maybe it's just the testosterone that was floating over the airwaves? I guess that would be akin to me seeing a tampon commercial and saying, "Yes! It's about time those bitches came up with a 'petal-soft' applicator! That makes me want to bake a cake!"

1 comment:

Dollywood Bound said...

I guess it could be worse, everytime I watch American Idol I sing during the commercial breaks! I always sing whatever song was sung last. Really loud. Andrew just looks at me like I am from Mars. I am sure it is annoying as hell, and I don't sing any better than those fools on there. I acutally probably sing worse! Ain't no mountain high enough.......oh baby, baby where did our love go.......