Jan 24, 2005

She's a baker, for God's sake!

I had the strangest dream. I mean creepy strange. My sister and I were in a house, that was my house, but not really. She had gotten a note from my brother. The note said that he was leaving for Mexico because, since getting out of the Marine Corps, he had murdered 28 people. Judging the look in his eyes in his "Marine Corps Portrait," I'm not so surprised. For our viewing pleasure, he had made a list of a few of them. The list included "the woman who makes 7-layer cookies," and "the girl scouts that sold me the cookies." At the end of the letter, he had written, "all-in-all, i've killed about 28 people." My sister and I were stunned. We questioned each other: "Seven layer cookies are so good. WHY? WHY kill the '7-layer-cookie-maker'?" Nevermind that he murdered innocent people--it's the fact that he killed a baker. "And the girl scouts? What have they ever done to him, except provide him with delicious, American-made delicacies? Cripes. What a freak."

I will never understand how my mind works. Don't 7-layer cookies sound so good?

No comments: