Jan 26, 2005

British man

My pda is messed up. The transcribing feature has totally screwed the pooch. It recognizes every letter I write as an 'o', 'i', or 's'. So, if I type in, "My kids are so cute, and I'm not just saying that because I'm their mother," it reads it as, "ooooooosssososiiiisoooisoi soi siosiso isisisis osiosiso." What a royal pain in the tannenbaums.

I was lying in bed last night, trying to fix the damn thing, while Scott took a poop. He was reading Maxim, I was messing with my pda. We're normal--really. He shut the bathroom door, so he could wipe, and I continued playing with the pda. He hopped into bed with me and wanted to "help." Now, let me preface this by saying the man has NO technological bone in his body. He still writes checks and mails them with stamps. Frightening, I know.

So, being the good wife that I am (and humoring him, of course), I hand it to him. He messes with it for a few minutes, and lo and behold, he CAN'T fix it. Shocker to us all, I'm sure. He then spends the next 15 minutes trying to write something that DOESN'T end up being transcribed as an o, s, or i. He finally weaseled a t and a u out of the damn thing. He scribbled across the screen in a jumbled mess of nonsense, and the pda transcribed it as "tabby Notes." We both found this completely hilarious--why, I don't know. However, it was even MORE hilarious when Scott said, in a horrible, horrible British accent: "'Ello, oy'm tabby Notes!" We laughed so hard, that we got drool on the bed.

We are SO weird.

No comments: