Jan 13, 2005

Grosser than gross

Claire was up from 1145pm to 3am. That child has no sense of time, which makes me have to live my day with no sense at all. I'm so tired that I could sleep on my office floor. Actually, I COULD. I've done that before. In fact, when I was pregnant, I would curl up on my floor every day during lunch and conk out. Which reminds me (I don't know why) of a conversation I had with a friend the other day...

For a million dollars, would you walk into a gas-station restroom barefoot? I'm not talking a nice, Shell, inside-the-"Quick Shop" restroom; I'm talking about a random, one-pump, the-restroom-is-outside-and-you-need-a-key-which-is-attached-to-a-hubcap-so-you-don't-steal-it restroom. I don't think I could. Not even for a million dollars. I mean, seriously, just think about it. That is so revolting that it makes me shudder. I know some people that would--actually, Scott would, but his feet are so hardened and calloused that no bacteria, not even flesh-eating disease, could make it through his skin. Now, what if your feet were wet? UGH. NO WAY. Can you even imagine what would stick to your wet feet? Sweet baby Jesus. RANDOM. PUBIC. HAIR. Need I say more?

No comments: