Jan 20, 2005

Define THIS

CIO= Cry It Out. The term used to describe a method of getting your baby to sleep through the night. It involves letting your baby cry, while the parent checks on the baby at timed intervals to offer reassurance and love.

That, my friends, is the biggest crock of stinking bullshit I have ever heard. Maybe it works for some people, but not for us. I gave in last night. I gave in, and in order to save my sanity, stuffed a boob in her mouth. "Oh, you are so weak!" you must be thinking. Well, you know what? She screamed for over an hour. She screamed and jumped up and down in her crib. FOR. AN. HOUR. I am tired. I need sleep in order to function. I need to function in order to work. I need to work in order to make money. I need money in order to buy the kid diapers and food. So, what it all boils down to is the following: If I don't give the kid boobs, she'll be walking around with no diaper and a dirty t-shirt, holding a sign that says, "Feed Me."

I gave her boobs. So shoot me.

No comments: