Jun 2, 2005

Good to be home

Oh, the joys of a new job. No time, too much work, too much to learn, and really, what the hell am I doing? It's always SO DAMN FUN.

I flew into Colorado on Tuesday morning, flew back to Houston Wednesday afternoon. The plane ride was hot, loud, and too long. Much like how sex should be, but in fact, I was no where near getting any, and instead, was sitting next to an old man that snored loudly.

I stayed in a fabulous old hotel, that was indeed old, but thankfully, had been renovated, and slept in the most comfortable bed ever--Nearly rivaling that of the Four Seasons. However, I slept not a wink. I was checking the clock every 30 minutes for no apparent reason, other than I hate sleeping alone, the place smelled funny, and there was no shoe-molding. That bothers me a lot. I hate unfinished flooring.

Colorado is gorgeous--I was right by CSU--and the weather was fantastic.

Things I learned in Colorado:
- The airport is big. Really big.
- Old hotels smell funny. (This could be true outside of Colorado as well...)
- People wear shorts, even when it's 60 degrees out.
- Limo drivers named "Tony," drive over the speed limit.

3 comments:

DBFrank said...

Wasn't the "OVERLOOK HOTEL" from Stephen King's THE SHINING" an old hotel in Colorado?
"Here's JOHNNY!"
Sorry... glad you're back young lady. Missed your posts!

Robin said...

LOL, I thought of "The Shining" too!

Welcome back!

Anonymous said...

I just moved from Colorado Springs to Germany last summer..oh man I miss that state!