Jun 13, 2005

And the moral of the story is...

I just went to lunch with my neighbor. He's a big man, and I was afraid to say "no." Just kidding. Anyways, we ventured to this popular bar/grill-type restaurant close to our neighborhood. We ordered our salads and Diet Coke (I know...CRAZY) and took a seat. As we sat there, chatting about how my child enjoys beating the hell out of his child, I saw, from the corner of my eye, a girl that I attended college with. In fact, this girl was a sorority sister of mine. Not to ruin the collegiate dreams of many a man, but there were no late-night, pillow-fighting slumber parties. At least not at my school. Anyways, there she was: A WAITRESS. I didn't say anything. I didn't know what to say. Yes, ME, at a loss for words. It DOES happen. The truth of the matter is, that she was known as a "girl that guys really liked"--if you know what I mean. She was very nice, but had this horrible reputation, which she did nothing to hide. She was always with different guys. I was shocked to see her, but from this sighting, I was able to compose a future lesson for the chicks:

Girl + being too nice to boys + college degree= A destiny with cruel punishment. Because you were naughty in college, you'll be severely punished and have to be a waitress with a college degree.

I'm so glad I listened to my mom and never slept around. I hate waitressing.

2 comments:

DBFrank said...

Mom always knows best. Most of the time.

Colleen said...

I had a laugh at this one, just the other day I ran into a college friend of mine. The scene was almost the same.