May 27, 2009

Interview...whatever the hell number i'm on now

So I had another interview yesterday with the company that I really don't want to work for but said i would if they showed me the money. Turns out that he asked how much i wanted and i told him an obscene number and he didn't even balk and wants to meet with me again next week. Problem is, i'm not sure it's worth it. The hours are 8-5, which, yes i know, is normal. That means a few things for me. Let's review, shall we?

1) I won't have snuggly-time in the morning with my babies, unless it starts at, like, 5am.

2) I don't know how in the hell we'd continue doing swimteam. There's no way we could make practices.

3) I wouldn't get home until 5:45pm. That means, i'd basically make dinner, wash the kids, and put them in bed. :(

4) I'll have to pay for daycare for two. OUCH. (Once fall starts, and both are in school, I'll have to pay for before and after school care. Again: OUCH.)

Let me make something clear: even though i've worked from home for the past nearly-five years, Clairey has always gone to the sitter's. It's impossible to get anything done with her here. Jenna hasn't gone--she gets home from school at 3:35, and reads/does her homework until we go get Clairey at 5.

I'd have to drop the kids off at the sitter's by 645/7 to get to work by 8. That means i'd have to get them up at 545 to get them ready/fed, etc.

Let me reiterate: THIS FREAKIN SUCKS BIG GOAT BALLS.

I'm trying not to worry until the place actually offers me the job, but i can't help it.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Is there anyway you can ask for more flexible hours? Or to telecommute one day a week?
Can't hurt to ask...

-SO'C

Anonymous said...

my first instinct was to say don't take it.

what about asking them if you can work from home? won't hurt to just ask!