Feb 2, 2006

Tag!

I've been tagged, blogger style:

Here are the rules: The tagged victim lists 8 different points of their perfect lover/partner, mentioning the sex of said partner. Tag 8 victims to join this game & leave a comment on a post letting them know they've been tagged. If tagged before, no need to contribute.

I will spare you all the trouble, and will be not be tagging...

So, let's see...my "perfect" partner must:

1. Be courteous. I can't stand rude people. If someone says, "Thank you," you say "You're welcome." Smile at people, for God's sake. If you want to be a mean bastard, then feel free, but you won't be doing it with me.

2. Be interested, meaning: please take an interest in some of the things that interest me. I'm not asking you to love it, i'm not asking you to take on my hobbies; i'm asking you to RESPECT what I like and, perhaps, be open to learning about some of my favorite things.

3. Be health-conscious. I'm not asking for someone who is constantly counting calories, but please, if you're my "perfect partner," I'd like you to be around to grow old with. Know what I mean?

4. Have a sense of humor. I'm silly. It helps if you are too. That would readily eliminate any of the "You're such a dipshit" looks that I'm so accustomed to getting.

5. Be a communicator. If you can't talk to me, it's just not going to work. I really do want to know what you're thinking.

6. Love my kids. They are my life. I'm a package deal, baby.

7. Be romantic. I'm a sucker for romance. You don't have to buy me things, but if you leave me a love note, I'll melt.

8. Be intelligent. I'm not saying you have to be an Einstein, but come on, you HAVE to be able to carry on an intelligent conversation with me.

I could keep going, but I'm limited to 8...

2 comments:

Amy said...

Good ones, Mama!

EV said...

Applause - excellent!