Mar 22, 2005

Why I love my kids

I love my kids because:

1. They are hilarious, yet don't even realize it. Ex: I kicked the wall Saturday (an accident, obviously), and was lying on the ground, rolling around in pain. Jenna walks by, and without skipping a beat, says, "Jeesh, mom! Suck it up!" and continues on her merry way.
2. The way Claire says, "Yeah" instead of "yes" is so cute, I want to bite her cheeks. "Clairey, are you hungry?" "Yeah." "Clairey, do you have peepee diapers?" "Yeah." She also sings the "Let's Get Together" song from that Disney movie about the twins--once played by Haylie Mills, then by Lindsey Lohan--I know you know which one I'm talking about. Claire gets to say, "yeah, yeah, yeah" with the chorus, and it's so damn funny.
3. They are WILD and CRAZY! They are completely nutty--I LOVE IT!
4. They are independent, stubborn, and self-assured.
5. We laugh at the dinner table--hard. We make our forks dance on the table, we put sour cream on our noses, and we say "Cheers!" with our milk.
6. They are both seen AND heard.
7. They tell me "NO" without fear (although they DO get soap in their mouths if they're saying it just to be sassy).
8. They're not afraid to tell me anything.
9. They tackle me, and we fall onto the floor, covering each other in laughing, giggling kisses!
10. I look at them, and see me reflected in their eyes.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Parent Trap that's the name of the movie.