Mar 3, 2005

The beginning of the end

It's here. There is no turning back now. Claire has uttered her first sentence!

Yesterday night, I was trying to pee. An easy task for the majority of the population, but when you're trying to do so in a bright yellow, Winnie-the-Pooh bathroom; with the bathroom door opened, with your husband trying to tell you about his day, and there is a screaming toddler sitting on your naked lap, it makes things a bit more difficult. But I digress.

So, as Claire's wiggling on my lap and Jenna's off in the house somewhere (most likely trying to start a fire), and I'm asking myself if I will EVER be able to take a "private pee" again, Scott asks Claire, "What are you doing?" and she answers, "Sitting with mommy." Clear as frickin' day.

My daughter uttered her first sentence as I was taking a crap. THAT'S one for the baby book!

1 comment:

Ailyn said...

wow. that is sooo wild.