Apr 4, 2006

He played with what?

Jenna learns lots of fun stuff in Pre-K--mostly little songs/games--you know: "Eeny-meeny miney-mo," "Hot potato," "Duck, duck, goose" etc. Well, today she learned "This Old Man." You remember it:

"This old man
He played one
he played knick-knack on my thumb"

Remember? I knew you would.

I picked her up from school, and she was singing it for me, and I was just eating it all up. They're so cute when they're not killing small animals, you know? So, she's going through it--the old man played knick-knack on her thumb, her shoe, her tree, her door, and on something she called a "shrive." Don't know what that is, but it rhymed with 'five,' so I let it go. She gets to six, and belts out: "This old man, he played six, he played knick-knack on my dick!"

Silence befalls me.

"Excuse me, Jen? He played knick-knack on what?"

"On my dick."

"Oh, okay...Hmmmm...actually, it's 'he played knick-knack on my STICKS."

"Sticks? Okay. 'This old man, he played six, he played knick-knack on my sticks...'"

Entertaining? Always.

1 comment:

Amy said...

I'm trying to not choke on my lunch - too funny!