Dec 1, 2004

Coal in your stocking

Last night, like all the other 30+ nights before, Jenna has wandered into our room and tried to sneak into bed with us. Usually, she accomplishes this; she is sly like a fox: climbing over the footboard and settling between us without causing even a stir between the two of us. Well, last night, I was prepared. Her first mistake: she tried to climb over me. CAUGHT!
I said, "Jenna, you know Santa only brings presents to good girls, right?"
"Right," she answered.
"Good girls sleep in their own beds, right?"
"Right."
I say, "So, let's go back into your bed."
Sternly, "NO. I need you, mommy."
Being all smart, I say, "So, I guess you don't want Santa to bring you 'Whack-a-Mole'?"
And, being my child, she looks me right in the eye, and says, "Nope."

Does reverse psychology EVER work? Not with this child.

No comments: