Oct 11, 2004

Rant. And rant some more.

The demon was unleashed at gymnastics this Saturday. Well, kinda, but not really. It would be more proper to say "attention-deficit" kid was unleashed. Yes, that's much more accurate.

Things I should NOT hear the coach say:
1. "Jenna, we're over here, sweetie."
2. "Jenna, we're over here."
3. "Jenna, we're over here!"
4. "Jenna, over here!"
5. "Jenna? Jenna? Over here!"
6. "Jenna, get out of the foam pit."
7. "Jenna, get off the rings."
8. "Jenna, get off the beam."
9. "Jenna...Oh my gosh! No, Jenna! Do NOT do flips off the beam."

Don't get me wrong, it is very well-controlled--it's just that my child is not. She's not BAD, per se, but chooses not to hang with the group. The whole area of parents was laughing at her. Jenna, with the coach chasing after her, would leap over to me and say, "I need kisses, mom!" She has so much energy, it's insane. I actually had parents saying, "Man, how do you keep up with her?" Yes, I know that's a nice way of saying, "Your kid is horrid, what have you done wrong? Have you no parenting skills?!" Kiss my ass, people. My kid challenges authority. (Which often leads to an ass-whippin at home, but hey...)And continuing with the rant...the "non-compliance" of my child, if you will, leads me to the following question: Should we or should we not pull her out of Dot's and put her in full-time preschool? She definitely needs social structure, and she doesn't get it at Dot's. However, last night, she tells me, "Mom, I love Miss Dot so much." Ugh...hard decision. I don't know what to do.

No comments: