Aug 16, 2006

Steph-throat

"Steph-throat": The title given to me by a co-worker who thought it was a funny play on words of "strep-throat." Which I have. Which my wee chick had last week. Which is not fun. Which hurts, even though I am of the tonsil-less variety. So for all of you that HAVE tonsils, and have strep throat, I'm sorry--I feel for you, I really do.

We (chicks and i) were supposed to go to DWJSD's house yesterday night, which we could not, because I could barely talk. And seriously, what's the point of going to your best friend's house if you can't even utter "More margarita's please"? I mean, what a waste of time THAT would be. Oh yea, and I didn't want to get her kids sick. So, instead of our lovely "Breakfast-for-Dinner" that we had planned, I stayed home and cooked a chicken. Yes, I felt like crap and still prepared dinner. Give me a frickin trophy or something. And it wasn't mac-and-cheese, it was a chicken! And rice! And a vegetable!! A well-rounded meal! I'm so self-sacrificing.

So, here I am, on Day 3 of "the sickness." I wish it would just go away.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Don't know why, but this reminds me of my elementry days of being called "Chad wears Plaid". For those who have children named Chad or Brad: Don't let your children wear plaid shirts on school picture day!