Sep 10, 2021

18

To my Clairey: You are the best kind of human: accepting. You see the good in people, always. You don't care about anything but that they are a good human. And to you, every person deserves to be heard, to be loved, and to be given a chance. We could all learn from you.

You're a novelty--like a little tchotchke that everyone wants to look at and hang out with and talk to. You draw people in with that crazy dimpled smirk and they never leave. I don't even think they KNOW WHY they want to be around you--people just DO. You are bright, and sunny, and yellow and exude happiness and joy.

Out of everyone in this world, when you say that you will do this or that, I believe you. You are so connected with the Universe that it answers everything that you put out into it. You are not only a SOMEONE, but you are CLAIREY. People see that power in you. They see that drive, that belief, and that shine. I'm not exactly sure that the world is ready for you, but I know you are ready for the world. So take it.

There will never be the right words to fully describe how I love you. Thank you for still watching Disney movies with me and holding my hand. Thank you for filling my life with music. Thank you for being hope in this world.

End note: Your attitude is a carbon copy of mine, and it's freaking annoying. I hope that, one day, you have a daughter just like you so you, too, can experience the strange experience that is arguing with yourself. Sorry about that. Also, heads up: If it doesn't come out of your mouth, your face is probably saying it for you. Sorry about that, too.

All the stars,
Mommy

No comments: